Reply to post: Re: My 2c

Three expat Brits explain their move to Australia

ranton5000

Re: My 2c

I have been back in Oz ( on the West Coast, born & bred ) for 3 months now ( after more than a decade away ) and this summary very accurately reflects my situation and initial findings at least. IT in Finance Industry in London as a perm employee meant good conditions, excellent pay, 5 weeks of Euro holidays each year + opportunities.

But with a young family needing to move to larger place ( with a larger commute to boot ) , family etc in Oz meant that it was time for a move ... whether it works out time will tell but the adjustment is definately tough.

Got work for the time being but can definately identify with 'I find that IT is a much less appreciated skill-set here than in London'

I come across plenty of Eric's over in London, contracting life does take it's toll .... daily rate acts like drugs and means that you can burn out .... as it sounds like in Erics case. Can definately see how his life has improved on his return and hope it continues.

Everyone's situation is different so it will work better for some than others

Not been here long so am certain things will improve but reading 'My 2c' summary does provide a reassuring realistic analysis for myself at least.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon