Reply to post: Re: Arguing over nothing

Frustration with Elite:Dangerous boils over into 'Refund Quest'

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Arguing over nothing

@dogged

Yes the model B was 400 quid new (and not a great deal cheaper 2nd hand) but a 2nd hand B&W TV was a lot less than 100 notes... I think we paid 25 for a 12 inch if memory serves..... snicker snicker.....

Yes I was lucky that my parents saved for this (without going into some long story let's just say that all our holidays were camping holidays and in the UK and that our car was at least five years old). I also worked to help pay for the computer but it turned out to be a good investment given my future career.

Anyway, I digress. My main point was that buying a Beeb or a Speccy (didn't they port it to the Speccy?) wasn't beyond the buying power of the average to lower income family if that's where they wanted to spend their money.

Saying that I'm irritated that a promised feature has not been delivered is not really the same as saying I'm a spoilt toddler throwing its toys out of the pram. I'm simply saying I think it's fair to get a refund for something which isn't as advertised.

I'm happy to accept that the world has bigger problems and I sincerely hope this story is kept in perspective.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon