Reply to post: Forums

Frustration with Elite:Dangerous boils over into 'Refund Quest'

h4rm0ny

Forums

The official Elite forums are some of the most defensive and knee-jerk aggressive forums I've seen right now. Pretty much every criticism or even mild feature request someone makes is hit with a barrage of some or all of the following: "Go play Eve", "Realism" (so why do inert objects come to a stop in Space, then?) or "that's the way the game is, don't like it don't play it". Purely for amusement of people, I'm going to post this exchange from their forums. :)

Thread starter: Doing a mission from the moon station to alpha centauri. How hard can it be...... 10k profit for 2 silver deliver.........Hutton Orbital is 0.2someting LIGHT YEARS away from the drop point. Come on guys.... thats just ridiculous. Flying 1250c at the moment and there is 1:23 hours left. Sitting here just staring at the screen. Please weed out these kinds of systems or make inter-system jump nav points

Respondent: Gotta check systems before taking on missions. No mercy. Look at the Semi Major Axis for the sun's of a system. The number is expressed in AU. 1 AU = Distance Sun<->Earth = 150million km = 8Lm = 480Ls. So if you are going to a multi sun system with suns circling around each other with a distance of say 300 AU then you know you have to fly 300*480Ls = 144000Ls if the station is at the 'other' sun. Too far. Backdraw is that the semi major axis is often only given for 2 partners circling each other in close proximity and that pair is circling around another larger sun, then look at the other suns semi major axis, it's at least a hint.

Kind of amusing. At least I thought so.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon