Reply to post: Re: You tell me,

Space Commanders lock missiles on Elite's Frontier Devs

dan1980

Re: You tell me,

@Sir Runcible Spoon

While I am in general agreement, this statement needs addressing:

"Single player first, multiplayer second (imho) is what I think investors were expecting."

The campaign was launched as an online game and offline was added after a short while due to overwhelming feedback and requests.

This is actually a worse state for them (in terms of how it is received), however, as it is kind of how these things can work in everyone's interest. The developer has put forward an idea and asked people to put their money where their mouth is if they want to see it made.

There was a community and a lot of exchange of ideas and a sizable portion of people asked for offline play. This was investigated and duly added to the features, which prompted more backers to sign on. In other words, they didn't want to back the project as it stood but with the promise of offline play, they did.

It is like organising a music festival, then, adding an act, which prompts a lot more ticket sales. Then, once the tickets have been sold (no refunds), the added act is removed. That's also legal but it's also sure to enrage affected customers.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon