Reply to post: Re: going down

London teen pleads guilty to Spamhaus DDoS

Amorous Cowherder
Facepalm

Re: going down

"When you were 16 (the crime was 18 months ago), did you possess the executive functions to properly assess the consequences of your actions?"

Nope and while I might have done some bloody stupid petty crimes and vandalism, I didn't try to nick a lorry and clog up the M1 motorway!! That's basically what this kid was doing, trying to take a piece of infrastructure offline. This little prat knew what he was doing, he knew that he was technically trying to bring down an organisations infrastructure or the public facing part of it. Even when I was vandalising stuff as a spotty little bastard 25 years ago, I knew it was wrong. I knew I'd get nicked by the Police if I got caught and I knew I'd most likely end up in court and fined. My parents would have gone fecking ape-shit if they knew some of the stupid stuff I did as a kid but I don't deny that I knew what I was doing and I knew it was against the law. I grew up after a while when I knew that sooner or later my luck would run out and I would screw up my chances of staying at college and certainly screw up getting a job afterwards.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019