Reply to post: Re: hay man

Deprivation Britain: 1930s all over again? Codswallop!

LucreLout

Re: hay man

There have been no cuts? Really? Where have you been? Even the government say, boast even, that there have been cuts.

Yes, well Gordon Brown said he'd abolished boom & bust, and that wasn't true either. Public spending has risen every single year. There have been no cuts.

leave the country for a while (a couple of years or more), then go back and try not to notice the increase in rather ill looking beggars on Britain's streets, the shabbiness of towns, the closed shops and worse.

Beggars are most often junkies and were never in robust health. The closed shops are due to the recession - they were closed before Brown was dragged kicking and screaming from Downing street.

Now, I have seen young, ill-looking women with babies begging on the underground in London - no, none of the ones I saw was East European unless they learn English with a local accent.

And yet I use the Tube every day and the last beggar I saw on it was a Scottish junkie who did a fantastic rendition of Flower Of Scotland through a warning cone. That was very nearly 10 years ago now and I've seen none since.

But the bogey-man numbers and claims are just political propaganda now.

Are you actually just making this up as you go along or have you done any research at all to inform this wildly inaccurate view point? Net inward migration is roughly equivalanet to adding a city the size of Aberdeen to the UK every year since 1997. That is very much not sustainable - even if we could integrate that many people per year, and all evidence suggests that we cannot, and even if they did not have children, when most research suggests children born to two UK born parents are in the minority, we simply cannot cope with that level of population increase and the demands it creates on our infrastructure and services.

Do we need immigration? Absolutely yes. Do we need open door immigration? Absolutely not. What we need is a sensible policy similar to Australia or Canada where people are admitted at the pace at which they can be integrated, and who bring with them the skill set the country needs at the time of admission.

Living in Islington hasn't done your world view any good at all. It's not like that in the real world so you'll need to move house, then open your eyes and your mind.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon