Reply to post: sometimes...

This Christmas, demand the right to a silent night

king of foo

sometimes...

...it's OK to give shit "service".

It's my weapon against the "disrespectfully disorganised". You know, that senior manager that needs X by 6pm, and only bothers to call you at 5pm, even though it's been one of their "actions" from a meeting that took place 2 months ago.

These mofos guilt trip you into giving up your free time to help them, then proceed to use you as a patsy to explain away any delays or problems that could not be resolved in their miniscule timeframe.

Their disrespect injures not only you, but the service you are able to provide for those respectful enough to give you realistic deadlines.

Their success is fueled their own incompetence. The more you break your back to help them, the worse they get.

Back in the good old days we recognised these people for what they were and "managed" them.

Now we have to worry about kpi's and other such nonsense.

My beautiful, organised chaos doesn't work in an environment populated by the disrespectfully disorganised. It falls over. I myself appear disorganised and disrespectful.

I don't blame our dependence upon technology for this, I blame poor judgement on behalf of HR and recruitment agencies; filling our senior management ranks with narcissistic wankers who in turn give their ignorant friends and family jobs...

Wow, I guess my bad mood from yesterday hasn't improved!!!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon