Reply to post: Re: Wouldn't this discourage companies from having a presence in the UK?

UK slaps 25 per cent 'Google Tax' on tech multinationals

codejunky Silver badge

Re: Wouldn't this discourage companies from having a presence in the UK?

@ Robert Long 1

"You are confused. Of course I am happy to pay 25% tax (which I already do, BTW)"

You are confused, this is not what you already pay this is additional! This is on top of tax X,Y and Z that you already pay + accounting/admin costs. Not for better services either, it is to service the gov's debt + electoral bribes. Taken from the work you have done which you have earned.

"The same applies to companies and the scare stories about packing their bags and leaving are nonsense; a profit is still a profit."

Then I will happily take the money from your bank account except a tenner for you to enjoy (after bills of course, we are talking profit). But you will be happy because you are making vastly more money than *pick worker poor country*. And you wont look to go elsewhere to avoid paying far more than you need to or should (subjective term and they obviously dont think they should).

"What point did you even think you were making? That no one should pay any tax? Well, let me know when you get that one working."

The point I am making on this thread is how greedy little thieves like to put their hands in other peoples pockets but not their own. The point I make throughout this topic is that more of our tax money is being used on servicing debt, but more debt is being taken on because we cant afford the services we want. The outcome being that we are paying more tax but taking on more debt and will end up without public services but a huge bill at the end. And the problem comes from people plucking arbitrary numbers from their ass as the amount that should be stolen from those they perceive to be rich. The kicker being that rich people either move or find a way around the rules while the poorer get sucked into paying the tax so gov's dont need to watch their spending.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon