Reply to post: Re: Us poor Apple fans, can't help ourselves being tricked.

Oh BOY! The MICKEY MOUSE Apple Watch is no heart-throb

VinceH

Re: Us poor Apple fans, can't help ourselves being tricked.

"And your first impression is that it's the computer, and not the fuckwit setting it up? "

Well, I try not to call my clients fuckwits - even when I think they are. It's bad for business.

What I see is three people and their three faulty sigs - all with one thing in common; their preferred computer platform. That commonality is why I think I'm justified in my criticism.

But, just to clarify, that criticism isn't that Apple's computers are crap; I've not used one anywhere near enough to form a proper opinion - my dislike of Apple means a dislike of their computers, but doesn't somehow magic up experience of them that I don't have.

The criticism is that the 'proper' fanbois (sadly including the three I mentioned) praise them, saying how wonderful they are, how easy they are to set up and use, how they just work, etc, etc, yada-yada-bloody-yada - to the extent that they seem to believe they are somehow idiot proof, and nothing can possibly go wrong...

And yet these three, by not having been able to achieve something as simple as set up a sig properly, are demonstrating quite the opposite. Hence my comment that they're "so easy to use that I can see emails from clients that use them in which their sigs are b0rked" - a straight on perfectly accurate summary of what I hear (these computers are so easy to set up and use) juxtaposed with what I see (three duff sigs).

Yes, the problem might very well be a PEBKAC one - and, indeed, probably is - but it's demonstrating that the computers can't be that easy to use and set up, and aren't that foolproof. If they were, their sigs wouldn't be b0rked. It's that simple.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon