Reply to post: Re: RIP Squeezebox :-(

Festive streamers caught in Vulture's claws: Gadget-ogle for audiophiles, video geeks

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: RIP Squeezebox :-(

I have a squeezebox 3 hooked up to amplifier and floorstanders in the living room and a squeezebox radio in the bedroom, all fed by a logitech-media-server app running on a raspberry Pi hooked up to a USB hard drive.. access to usb harddrive for adding more music is via SMB from any of the computers/tablets in the house and the whole setup is controlled using the Squeezer App from any tablet or phone... super easy to use on tablets so any guests or anyone else can control music and volume easily

The SQB3 has a very nice DAC and music in FLAC is fantastic. Squeezebox radio is very good with tight bass and clear sound for a small package (although I don't often invite guests into the bedroom to listen to music :)

Everything just works, is super easy to use, and the raspberry PI uses just over 1 watt of electricity per hour.. (the power-amp might draw a bit more when in use)

It's an amazing arrangement, I can't believe that logitech killed off the squeezebox line :(

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon