Reply to post:

BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

I'm a fatty, I'm in my mid 50s and my net cost to the NHS is less than zero. I've never been hospitalized, I don't take any prescription medicine and have no health issues apart form being overweight. My doctor when I see him for my checkup, immediately reaches for the blood pressure cuff and gets pissed off when it reports my BP as being low to normal, no other problems found. I have no delusions about my longevity but I get annoyed by the implication that I'm a burden on society, I've worked since leaving University some 33 years ago and not in a low paid profession so my tax and NI contributions are well in the black. My folks paid their taxes throughout their working lives and only availed themselves of the NHS in the last year of the their lives. My mum was obese and my father was whippet shaped, they died within 3 months of each other, neither from weight related issues. We don't need to prolong peoples lives we need people to enjoy their lives and if that means popping your clogs earlier then so be it!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019