Reply to post: Re: dan1980 @Mark 85

Assange™ slumps back on Ecuador's sofa after detention appeal binned

dan1980

Re: dan1980 @Mark 85

Matt

"This was all included in the very first link I posted, which you obviously didn't read because it was too likely to upset your carefully constructed fantasy world of hero-worship."

Stop. Just stop.

I believe I am a good and largely civil person and I give everyone the benefit of the doubt but yours has just run out. You are guilty many times over of exactly that which you accuse others of and it's getting old. I have read your points and accepted them - they just don't materially alter my argument, which is (just to court a few more downvotes) that he believes these things - not me.

If you don't think he does (believe what he claims) then that's fine - we disagree there and this is understandable because it is based on our personal assessments, which sit aside from the facts. I believe he is paranoid and partly delusional and from there find it plausible. I am not saying that Assange is right to fear being locked in a US prison for espionage if he leaves the Embassy; I am saying that he does fear it. You don't and that's fine.

Does that mean I didn't read your post? No. Does that mean I am living in a fantasy world? No. Does that mean I 'hero-worship' Assange? No. Hell no.

I know you won't, but for the record, stop calling people "sheep". It weakens your argument every single time.

We are all sometimes arrogant or rude or ungracious or ill-informed, but you, Matt, are all four and frequently in the the same post. I defended you once against Trevor but, though I still wouldn't join him in laughing "uproariously", I'd not beat an eyelid anymore.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon