Reply to post: Re: *MY* network? Not really.

YOU are the threat: True confessions of real-life sysadmins

Cynic_999

Re: *MY* network? Not really.

"I would never give that kind of answer but I'm really assured that *every* recommendation I give is writen and all the people in the board are awere of it. If they decided they know better how to manage the IT department, in the end I have something to recall them of it and say "Told you so..." .

It's really great when your only consideration is for one aspect of the company. You can then afford to adopt such an "I told you so" approach if everything possible is not done to advantage that single part and something goes wrong as a result. If you are running the entire company however, you would soon realise that many compromises have to be made, and some things have to be run at sub-optimum levels so that other things work better. Crossing the road carries risks, so if your only concern was safety you would prohibit people from ever crossing a road, and if they ignore you because and someone got run over while going to the shop to buy your food, you can sit high on your horse and say, "I told you so ...."

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon