Reply to post: the Italian state fined Apple many millions for their 'undefined' second EU year warranty policy

Bendy, but hangs loose too: Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 10-inch Android tab

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

the Italian state fined Apple many millions for their 'undefined' second EU year warranty policy

Apple is now very happy, smiling & pleased to honour consumer rights for iPad/iPod etc in the second year, in Italy. To be fair, they mostly honoured it as far as I was concerned, but not always. Italy tends to assume that the EU legislation means first year is covered by the merchant, with 2nd year covered by the item producer.

In several Italian white-goods shop, like "Mercatone", there's a 230V socket in the delivery warehouse area where knowing consumers plug *everything* in to test - before taking it home, as otherwise the shop denies that they actually sold the item to you.

back to Lenovo, Lenovo Italy wouldn't sell me anything! I ended up buying a Lappy at Lenovo UK (both 'language variant' Lenovo website is actually based in NL) UK Lenovo did phone me up to check I existed before posting the laptop, which is excellent.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon