Reply to post: Re: It's most likely something to plug into your TV or perhaps some pico basestation

The Nokia ENIGMA THING and its SECRET, TERRIBLE purpose

Michael Habel

Re: It's most likely something to plug into your TV or perhaps some pico basestation

I kinda miss the old DBoxII well.. At least its spirit still lives on in the DreamBox.

But, I kinda swore off both Cable, and Satellite, for the bright future of IPTV, and a small Android Box that runs XBMC / Kodi.

So far I've had no 'cause to regret this decision. As an added bonus I also have regained access to BBC's 1-4 again. Granted they're not in 720p HD like they used to be once upon a time. But, like with USTV Now (ABC, CBS, CW, Fox NBC and PBS) I'm happy to take what I can! And I do watch that now more so then the BBC itself.

So I'll cast my vote for a Streaming Video / Game Box, with Nokia currently developing the backend of it. Should they be successful at this attempt I think they'll blow Apple clear outta the Water with it. But, I guess that depends more on what this thing is likely to cost in the short-term. But, if there BIG IDEA is to sell long-term Subscriptions to this Video / Gaming System.... Then it could well be a Money Spinner for 'em.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020