Reply to post:

Behold the Lumia 535 NOTkia: Microsoft wipes Nokia brand from mobes

ifekas

I have an iPhone 5 and I trialled a Nokia Lumia 520 for work, and was really impressed with it that I decide to replace my work Android (Moto G). Anyway, I recommended and setup a Lumia 735 for a friend who was fed up with poor battery life on an admittedly lowish end Samsung Galaxy, and was even more impressed with the spec for the price on that model.... so much so that I bought a Lumia 735 sim free myself. Though it hasn't replaced my iPhone 5, if my iPhone expired tomorrow I would quite happily live with the Lumia at less than half the price.

Though not a Microsoft/Windows fan, I find the Windows phone interface really rather nice and more intuitive especially compared to Android; the Nokia Here navigation brilliant, excellent battery life, and things like the 'People' section really good. On the downside, there are a couple of apps that I can't get for Windows phone, but I can live without them.

I'm not particularly keen on the Microsoft branding announced, but don't think it would prevent me buying another Lumia.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon