Reply to post:

The late 2014 Apple Mac Mini: The best (and worst) of both worlds

pieman

Its definitely a problem the ram can not be upgradable, I hate the way apple is going with hardware. But what you get out of the expensive box with a mac is a computer that just works I agree with ACCcc. I have worked with macs for years and they just go on and on. I have recently had to build a windows 7 pc for accounts and it has been a bit of a trial. I have also been experimenting with linux and freebsd for various applications and for me becasue I am not a sys admin macs work every time. You might pay a couple of hundred quid over the cost of a PC but you will save money in the long term on digging around in a terminal. For me the windows GUI has always been a bit of a basket case and has always felt a bit of a barrier to what I wanted to do.. and the bloat with windows...The Mac OS GUi is mature compared to the linux distros i have tried and feels like you are in control and its not going to fall over even if you are in their walled garden and I hate that. This is why I am choosing a macs. Cowering for the inevitable flaming!;-)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon