Reply to post: some video games made me violent, but..

Call of Duty, GTA V do not make youth more violent

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

some video games made me violent, but..

..not because of the content but because of the CHEATING BASTARD COMPUTER. I swore i would never smash an xbox 360 pad into the ground, but after playing through COD4, on Veteran, i did.

The game was rock hard on that difficulty setting BUT i completed it without any violence to the Gamepad. Then came 'Mile High Club' the bonus level, which on Veteran you had to complete in under a minute.....that's when i had the problem. You see when you shoot the enemy sprites IN THE HEAD on all the other levels and difficulty settings, they drop down dead! But not on this pigging level they don't. Oh no, you shoot them in the HEAD on this level and on Veteran and you will find that they don't DIE but lay on the floor emptying a DESERT EAGLE into you whilst holding the gun 'Gangster style'.

After 78 failed attempts to get past the final baddies, so that i could make my way up the stairs of the aeroplane, i once again noticed i was getting shot to pieces but for the life of me i couldn't figure out who was doing it as i had just massacred all of the baddies and was in fine fettle. Then i panned down and low and behold there,on the floor, was one of the baddies introducing me to the contents of his gun. My BLOOD PRESSURE at this point was through the roof, but armed with this Knowledge i felt that i should have 'One More Go'. So off i went blasting my way through the baddies, on my 79th go waiting for this prick to pop his little digital head up. When he appeared, BANG, BANG, BANG with the shotgun i went and down he went lifeless on the floor of the cabin, only to come back to life and kill me once again! That's when i lost it, and BANG, BANG, BANG, went the Gamepad on the floor.....one of the vibration motors exited the pad, such was the violence of the impacts, that it bounced off the floor and cracked the Fishtank (no fish harmed, by the way).

So what did i learn from this experience?...NOTHING! The following day i tried again to finish the level, and fucked up my spare pad whilst hissing. I've never been VIOLENT because of the CONTENT of a video game, but i do get FRUSTRATED from time to time and this frustration isn't because i'm crap at video games but because ot the CHEATING BASTARD COMPUTER.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon