Reply to post: Are these actually cybermen ?

Clara goes to the dark side, with dark secrets revealed in Dark Water

David L Webb

Are these actually cybermen ?

What good is an angry soul trapped in a Cybersuit? Break them first or get them to go willingly, into what they believe is a beautiful but fake afterlife.

The cybermen haven't seemed to care much about their donor's willingness to be transformed in the past. They seemed to have been able to get rid of their emotions during the transformation process easily enough. Why the need for the souls to agree to "delete" themselves and surely once they woke up in the cybersuit they would quickly see they weren't in a beautiful afterlife.

Also are these actually cybermen - with human brains in the cybersuit - or completly mechanical ?

If the former how are they removing the newly dead's brains to transplant - especially if the dead can still supposedly feel cold because their body is in a morgue freezer.

If either the brain or any other parts of the bodies are being used in the construction of the cybermen then you'd expect people to notice (those carrying out autopsies for starters) unless it were done long after they had died ie they beamed the body out mid-cremation or after it was buried. But as far as I am aware the timelords never had any special abilities to resurrect the long dead so I'm not sure the brains or other organs would be much use grafted into a cybersuit.

If on the otherhand they are purely mechanical then why do they need souls ?

I'm sure lots of people will say I'm over-analysing it but I'm just not sure the premise is consistent with the histories of either the original or new cybermen.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon