Reply to post: Re: Gotta love the religious nutbags

Trolls pop malformed heads above bridge to sling abuse at Tim Cook

P. Lee

Re: Gotta love the religious nutbags

Homophobic trolls are not the only fruit.

In the Christian story, God takes the punishment for sin (death) on himself through Jesus' crucifixion so we can live forever. I'm not sure where that leaves the wife-beater analogy.

Its nice that Cook can appreciate being an oppressed minority. Now, perhaps he could use some of Apple's billions to improve the lives of some miserable Foxconn employees. Perhaps he could open his own factory to make the things he designs and sells. Then he could do something significant in terms of looking after at least the Poor who make the things which have made him so very, very wealthy.

I can understand Cook not wanting to support America's war-based foreign policy, but perhaps he could calculate how much tax Apple would have paid had US profits not been siphoned off abroad and donated an equal amount to charities who provide healthcare to those who would otherwise die early because they can't afford it.

Word of support for the oppressed are cheap. Of all the oppressed to support, those who are oppressed in terms of picking up their dead partners' assets due to their sexual deviancy (yes, that is the correct term) seems like a very "First World Problem" to try to solve. I'd have gone with the poor, the widows and the orphans, as representing a larger problem which needs to be dealt with.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon