Reply to post: Re: Actually mixed search results ARE THE IDEAL WAY to get an all-powerful search feature...

Windows 10 feedback: 'Microsoft, please do a deal with Google to use its browser'

Kiwi Silver badge

Re: Actually mixed search results ARE THE IDEAL WAY to get an all-powerful search feature...

How is having all this stuff in one place going to be helpful? So when I want to search for a specific email, I have to wade through a ton of irrelevant search results (gauranteed to be rubbish if Bing is the default, but sadly the same can be said for google these days!), irrelevant reults from programs and documents and whatever else winds up in there.

If I want to search for an email, I'll use my email program. I'm intelligent enough to figure out where my emails are most likely to be found. And if I want to find a program or document, I'll search on the file system. Web results? Well I use a web search engine for that.

Me smart. Me got brain. Me know what me want look for. Me no need be treated like dumbfuck by MS. Or any other OS provider for that matter.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019