Reply to post:

An EMC-HP Borg cube will totally ANNIHILATE its storage worlds

klaxhu

I will just ignore everything you said about the products as clearly you refuse to admit who is the market leader although numbers speak for themselves. HP is on the minus overall again and 3PAR only gaining because it steals its own XP and EVA customers. I have plenty of friends at HP...I know what's going on, i'm not just speaking out of googling stuff;). Again, look again well at the links you have posted. You have made silly statements with no backing and when I posted the numbers you came up with defensive comments around what they have or have not done to come up with XtremIO being no1 (you also stated those numbers were inflated due to VNX F - nothing further from the truth). I will stop now as this is silly ..only time will tell.

Not saying EMC is perfect, but it's far from HP and a more mature company. Just look at what they have done with all their acquisitions. I won't even mention Palm ...but EDS ..it's still a mess and leaking money...I know plenty people working there as well. Now look at EMC and their aquisitions, they all powerhouses and dominating the market in their space: DataDomain(60%+), Isilon (60%), Vmware (80%), RSA ...etc etc. Should I say more? NUMBERS SPEAK ...

I doubt they will do anything good with VMware or that it will be a part of the merger as VMware is and will stay separate for obvious reasons: it needs to be open to all other vendors, not locked in by one server vendor. If you don't get that I doubt you will get all my other points ...

I am happy that it doesn't happen. I will still get to work with more great companies rather then have HP eat up another good company and kill it.

Just look at the latest news around EDS ...more cuts, more reorg ... HP fails to win any new contracts and that has been happening before and after the EDS takeover ..leaking more money everyday...

Let's take a break from the tech-rant and think: why are companies like emc or, microsoft or oracle so successful? it's the damn sales machine and it has nothing to do with speeds and feeds. It works! Even now I know people at hp who work really hard and are overlooked and many others who basically have hp as their main job and many others in parallel but work less than 10 hours a week for HP in reality. How do you even expect to have results with sales org like that? I know sales people who haven't done their quota in years ..yet they still find other and other jobs within hp! Bad people should be fired, not given other jobs.

Every time there is a cut the good people leave and the muffs remain, gossiping but not doing any work and always complaining ...

If you have worked with both emc, ms, oracle and hp you can compare, otherwise something tells me you are biased and have probably only worked for hp in the past 10 years.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon