Reply to post: Windows 8 touchpad swipe gestures/rescuing the missus from some godawful metro app

What’s the KEYBOARD SHORTCUT for Delete?! Look in a contextual menu, fool!

Kepler
Unhappy

Windows 8 touchpad swipe gestures/rescuing the missus from some godawful metro app

Windows 8's lack of visual cues is a big problem. Thank Goodness you can always close an application that is opened by accident!

Oh, wait. You can't. Friggin' genii! Redmond wankers.

Yes, I understand that both of the problems I complain of (no visual cues for gesture interface; no way to close TIFKAM applications, once opened) were considerably ameliorated in the Windows 8.1 Update. But before that Update, I could not believe how easy it was to open an unwanted application by mistake, nor how there apparently was no way to close a Metro app, once opened. And I especially could not believe how applications I thought I had already closed (despite Microsoft's efforts to prevent me from closing them) — using Task Manager, since no other way seemed to be available — would suddenly reassert themselves and take over my entire screen if I unsuspectingly moved the cursor too near to the top left corner.

So I empathize and sympathize with Dylbot and his missus.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019