Reply to post: Re: "Home-Premium"

Microsoft: Yeah, about that 50% post-Christmas customer price hike...

Tom 13

Re: "Home-Premium"

Yep, big difference between consumer and business pricing.

Another IT Fish Story

Incoming VP-type Fish says: I know the specs on the laptop I want here they are and hands them off to Pilot fish.

Pilot Fish takes specs, looks on approved vendor site. Approved vendor is Dell. System specs only match for an XPS laptop. But Pilot fish is contractor, not authorized purchaser, so he isn't looking on the approved purchasing portal site. So he calls vendor to find his assigned sales person. After 20 minutes of work he has name and email address so he sends specs only (not the device he found) to sales agent to request pricing and ordering information (not a quote, just the information). Sales agent returns a recommendation for a a Latitude 6xxx series laptop because the XPS is a consumer offering and not available via the approved purchasing portal. Final kick: Latitude doesn't meet one of the key specs, it's 1 pound heavier than VP-type Fish wants. In fact, there is another Latitude laptop that does meet that requirement and it is listed in the approved portal. Which Pilot Fish knows because we received several in the last few months.

Full disclosure: I'm not the Pilot Fish, I just sit next to him at work.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon