Reply to post: +1

One Windows? How does that work... and WTF is a Universal App?

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

+1

I have no intention whatsoever of doing a single thing to support, participate or encourage the use of a Microsoft Walled Garden App Store. They can keep their greedy hands out of the trough and I'll continue to buy software direct from its creators - or more likely get by with Open Source stuff.

MS are welcome to provide an OS that's pretty much standard in my line of work (along with Office and SQL Server) but that's where it ends as far as I'm concerned. I'm happy to earn a living off their OS, but the sheer amount of aggravation I've endured along the way, along with the variety of repulsive business practices they have sleazeballed their way through, means that I have no wish to be involved with them any more than that.

I don't even use Hotmail any more because they froze my accounts after I refused to give them my private cellphone number. That's none of their business, so I moved to a better email freebie.

So, mixed feelings about MS here. I just hope that Windows continues to be somewhat tolerable :)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon