Reply to post: Re: Flaw in the argument

Are you a fat boy? Get to university now, you penniless slacker

Voland's right hand Silver badge

Re: Flaw in the argument

Pizza is expensive my a***.

Try having two healthy, no-fat-anywhere - only muscle, borderline hyperactive kids which are not interested in chocolate, live on fruit, vegetables and steak and do 3-4 sports each (f.e. my older one does basketball, fencing and waterpolo). If you live in the UK or norhtern Europe, you will cringe every time you pay the bill at the shopping till in a supermarket. You will also want to take Jamie (the celebrity healthy eating cook) and bash his head into the table every time you see him or every time you see your credit card bill.

There is a vicious feedback look here at work:

1. Junk food is relatively cheap per amount of calories it provides. A healthy shopping bill is 4-6 times higher than junk food (at least in the UK).

2. Obesity goes hand to hand with stress and depression. You do not expect depressed people to climb up the ladder and try to get a better salary. They are usually too depressed for that.

3. As you go more depressed and do the KungFu Panda routine of "I eat when I am upset", you go more obese, get less money and so on. More junk food, more depression, less money, more junk food.

So unless you can find someone to inspire you and do a "Panda you can eat now, haver a dumpling", you are only going to continue down the slippery slope.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon