Reply to post: Re: A lot of CEOs said the iPad wouldn't take off...

AVOID the Apple Watch. Buy a drone or robot instead, techies told

bpfh
Mushroom

Re: A lot of CEOs said the iPad wouldn't take off...

I predict that iWatches will become expensive paperweights very fast. If I forget to wear my (automatic) watch, it will stop within 2 days. All i need to do is then give it a 2 seconds wind and set the time & date which I can do in about... 20 seconds total, and I'm good to go. With a maximum 36 hour battery life in an apple watch, people are going to very quickly get fed up with forgetting to charge it...

My quartz watches are ok until their battery goes, then they sort of lie forgotton in a bedroom draw for several months until I can muster up the time and courage to either open then and buy a new battery, or sell a kidney and get them done by a local watch stand, whereupon I generally forget I had them in the first place and buy a new watch. I predict that this is what will happen to the apple offering. After a month of wearing it and forgetting to charge it and having a totally useless lump on your wrist, it will find itself relegated to the same box that holds your Zip drive, Jazz cartridges, SCSI cards and 540 mb hard disks. All may work perfectly, but all are perfectly useless...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon