Re: Let's separate fact from fiction...
1) Paragraphs, for the love of $deity, paragraphs.
2) There are tens of thousands of "experts" telling companies to move "everything" into the cloud. Youer personal experts may or may not be telling people to do that, but Amazon, Microsoft and hundreds of startups absolutely are.
3) Prices may come down. Services don't obey moore's law.
4) I am reporting the cumulative opinions and experience of well over 2000 people I've talked to about this subject in the past two years.
5) You are attempting to counter what you perceive to be anecdotal experience by holding up your own anecdotal experience to be superior.