Reply to post: Re: Pet password hates

Got your NUDE SELFIES in the cloud? Two-factor auth's your best bet for securing them

Badvok

Re: Pet password hates

Hmm, hundreds of passwords? Why?

I use the same brief password for all those online crap sites that expect me to register but I couldn't really give a <bleep> <bleep> whether anyone accesses their site with my credentials. I therefore have only a few 'proper' passwords to remember.

For example, is your identity on 'The Register' so sacred that you'd be really upset if someone posted something as you? Perhaps for some. Or is it really important that someone else can log into BuyAnyOldTat.com and have it automatically populate the address details with yours or perhaps see what you bought last time? (Though obviously there may be some sites where you really don't want people knowing what you've been buying - naughty, naughty.) I even don't mind if someone logs onto my energy supplier and pays the bill on my behalf.

So long as there is no harm that can be done to you why bother going to much length to protect the access? Assess the risks, the possible consequences and choose a password appropriately.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon