Reply to post: Re: Humans right?

Chinese city creates footpath for smartphone addicts

Khaptain Silver badge

Re: Humans right?

Since we live in a Society it is necassary to apply certain principals/rules/laws. The first of which is known as common decency.

Common decency = I respect you, you respect me.

If I walk down the street, head hung low not bothering my arse about who or what I bump into then I should fully expect that I will eventually bump into something that is bigger, stronger, smarter than I am. At such times I should also expect to feel a sharp pain from said object kicking, slapping, punching me for lacking common decency.

By walking down the street, completely oblivious to everyone else with that "couIdn't give a fuck attitude because I have to update FB" then you automatically portray that your EGO is bigger and more important than all around you. In such cicumstances

There is a HUGE difference between exercising ones right to do as one pleases when in "private" as there is to exercising ones right to do as one pleases when in "public".

Public = that which we "share" collectively.

Private = that which we choose to do outside of the public sphere.

Common decency is becoming a lost art.. humans rights appear to be slowly becoming synonymous with "everyman for himself ".

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon