Reply to post:

Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer

Smoking Gun

There must be more to this story.

If the EE contract wasn't up until 2015 why go into administration now, surely they have 12 months to find an alternative provider or have they simply decided the game is up?

If EE pulled the contract are they not in breach of contract of some nature and what is to stop them from doing this to any other independent business across the UK? If I was an indie and in partnership with EE I'll be risk assessing my business and telling EE where to stick their partnership. Unless of course there is more going on behind the Phones4U scenes that we've been told.

I'm not surprised by EE and Vodafone's actions, corporate greed and shafting the middlemen in nothing new, and I like many others here question the validity of such a model, but saying that you can apply the same logic to many other independent market sections and question are they needed:

Mortgage advisors

Insurance brokers

Dare I say IT resellers

These people have been replaced by websites, and I question their "independence" anyway, as 9/10 the recommendations wasn't necessarily what is the best deal for the client, but also how much commission in nets them.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon