Reply to post: Re: We all moved to sharepoint.

Apple's Watch is basically electric perfume

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: We all moved to sharepoint.

With Apple, the first generation if usually just to showcase the idea. It's not until the second or third iteration that they get it up to a point where it comes into it's own, and even then it'll take another year or two. The first iPod was a great idea, but it was heavy and bulky; not until the iPod Mini did they get it right. Same thing goes for the iPad, the first one was way too large and heavy; the second one was much better but only with the Air/Mini did they strike the right balance.

So with the watch, I am hoping that this will the first model in a line that will span the years. Whether the Reg readers will like it or not, the relationship between people and technology has become closer, and eventually we will carry around a piece of tech all of the time, and let's face it, there is only one part on the human body where that is likely without freaking people out.

I personally don't see the point of this iteration of Apple's watch, but then I only use about ten apps on my phone. However, as someone else pointed out, the integration of all of Apple's services on all of their devices (hopefully) means that the barriers between them will vanish. Here's hoping Homekit and Healthkit will move that momentum forward.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019