Reply to post: What I want is a high quality OLED panel in the 55 - 60 inch range...........

TV techies proudly display their MIGHTY BENDERS in Berlin

Arctic fox
Mushroom

What I want is a high quality OLED panel in the 55 - 60 inch range...........

.......... connected via a single "OneConnect TV interface break-out box" (to coin a phrase). It should be slim, light-weight (I should in practice be able to hang it on the wall one-handed - yes they can build such a device) and fit flush to the wall. What they can stuff is:

1. Their sodding speakers - I did not buy a reasonably costly home-theatre/hifi system to put up with that garbage/weight/bezel-penalty and have the dubious privilege of paying more to the TV-producer concerned than would otherwise be the case.

2. I am not interested in their ideas of what "smart" might mean - I am smart enough to connect a pc to it (and build it my self for that matter - the pc that is, not the telly :P)

3. They can shove their bendy tellies where the sun doesn't shine - a key element of the modern display for me is to be able to mount it flush to the wall with as little physical projection out into the room as possible and as wide a sweet spot as can be achieved to ensure that those watching it do not have to practically sit in each other's laps.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019