Reply to post: Logitech...

Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos

AchimR

Logitech...

...does break, not every item yet (for me at least), but especially mice die. In my case it was always the left mouse button which died first.

Dragging an item across the screen became utter warfare, clicking one item once ended up in it being clicked several times somehow, or not at all... Usually then I know, time for a new mouse, yet somehow I always end up with Logitech again. Over time I went from two MX518 to the G7, which in the long term wasn't that great as the battery didn't last as long as hoped, so switched back to wired, using the G9 for around 4-5 years now, same mouse, no issues with it yet (now that I said it, I'll come home to it non-functional now ;) ).

Around the same time I got the G9 I replaced my G15 rev 1 with the G19, not because it was broken (still working fine and used as keyboard on other computers), but simply as I wanted something new :)

What in my opinion is missing in the article a bit are supporting peripherals, such as the G13 and G35 for the Logitech setup, as it works well together also with the current software provided. I have the headset, and it broke within the warranty period (left ear part had no sound anymore) and the G35 was replaced instantly by Logitech, which I now have over three years without any hardware issues itself, but the covering around the earparts (whatever it's actually called) and the top foamy bit is breaking apart now.

The software used to be crap, separate software for keyboard+mouse and headset, now all peripherals use one, didn't have an issue with it yet losing any of my customizations, fortunately.

All in all I like the Logitech stuff, but may look more at the Mad Catz items, I must've missed the memo that Mad Catz is what Saitek was (loved the old Saitek Cyborg stuff)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon