Reply to post: There are a lot of studies about the US Great Depression - but how many about the German one?

My big reveal as macro-economics analyst: It's a load of COBBLERS

LDS Silver badge

There are a lot of studies about the US Great Depression - but how many about the German one?

People blame Germans for their politic, but I believe German look at the crisis from a different perspective of most Anglo-Saxon economist. For the latter, the Mother of All Crisis is the US Great Depression. But Germany had its own. And there, there was no lack of money. There was plenty. Just, its value was close to zero. And it didn't help either.

And that's one of the perspective German economists and politician look at, when someone asks to just print money to boost the economy.

Also, they know some EU countries would take advantage of it to increase their debt, not reduce it, worsening the situation.

I'm not saying they're right - I don't know, but they have it in their DNA. It will take more than some assertion by Anglo-Saxon economists (who fueled the actual crisis) to change their minds.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019