Reply to post:

Assange™: Hey world, I'M STILL HERE, ignore that Snowden guy

DiViDeD

"country where he has an arrest warrant out in his name "

No he doesn't!!

There is no arrest warrant issued in Sweden because he HASN'T BEEN CHARGED WITH ANYTHING THERE.

The EAW that was issued is an EU legal instrument issued by one EU country requiring any and all other EU countries to hold a suspect on their behalf. It was originally intended as a method of dealing with serious criminals and terrorists, not as an excuse when the state prosecutor has a change of heart, but there you go - it's legally binding. It's also the only warrant issued outside of the UK. There certainly has never been a warrant issued in respect of the rape of two women. Anyone who believes that 'we were having consensual sex when the condom broke, and although we continued to have sex, some three days later it was suggested to me that he might have allowed the condom to break on purpose' is the same thing as actual rape needs to take a serious rethink.

I don't hold much respect for Assange, but I can't subscribe to the current medimob driven exaggerations and outright lies about the case.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon