Reply to post: Re: @Trevor_Pott - @P.Lee - Obvious answer to obvious stupidity is obvious

Windows 8 market share stalls, XP at record low

Anonymous Coward
Unhappy

Re: @Trevor_Pott - @P.Lee - Obvious answer to obvious stupidity is obvious

Computing hardware + software = Personal Computer (PC). We have rafts of them here ranging from an Intel Galileo, two smartphones, seven tablets, three laptops, three desktops of which one is a extreme workstation, and a server that I'm busy building (dual-Xeon, super-sized, flashy everything). And given what I have just laying around in storage, I'm sure I can add at least three more desktops. At least. And all current.

The favorite PC's here are the tablets, which can do everything that people do here on their desktops and laptops with the exception of the workstation. That's reserved for my simulations / predictive-analytics from hell.

I forgot one. The PS-3. Sue me, I'm not a gamer. The point is, a smart phone or tablet, even the dirt cheap models on a slow-boat from China completely blow away most of the computing devices I spent most of my life designing, building, and operating including some mind-blowing weapon systems in use today. [Long lead times in defense contracts.]

Sadly, it's the fact that no matter who's stack you are talking about, their efficiency just plain sucks. So people complain about the fact that no tablet/smart-phone can replace your desktop. Stat for stat, excepting software, they are light-years beyond.

Sorry Trevor, that's an issue for me. The other is software quality.../soapbox

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon