Reply to post:

You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad

Anonymous Custard

Similar experience to the above with Hudl's - got a pair for my daughters and both storm along (certainly quicker than my old 2012 Nexus 7). The only problem we had with them was one ended up with a dodgy micro-USB connector (due to the kids inexperience with plugging/unplugging the cable I think and generally insisting on using them with cables plugged in but forgetting they've done so). And even then one call to the support line had them immediately replaced under warranty, after a quick back-up/restore via ADB onto my laptop they were back up and running almost immediately.

The other thing I was extremely pleasantly surprised at is that the Hudl supports dual-band wifi (not sure if it's at 802.11n or 802.11ac speed offhand, I suspect the former). Both the kids ones are happily connected to the 5GHz network on my Netgear 6200 along with my HTC 8X phone, whereas both my N7-2012 and the boss's MotoG are still stuck on the 2.4GHz network.

Overall rather happy with them, albeit with the same caveat as above about the micro-USB port positioning when the device is used in a stand-case.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon