Reply to post: Re: OzLaw

Australia floats website blocks and ISP liability to stop copyright thieves

DiViDeD

Re: OzLaw

"Conroy (Labor) tried to do it first and failed"

You know, it doesn't matter what colour rosette the weasels are wearing, they're still weasels.

The Liberal opposition of ISP level blocking and their cries about starving CSIRO of the funds needed to keep Australia at the forefront of something or other were simply examples of our supremely polarised political system. 'If it's your idea, then it must be shit, regardless of whether it's something I actually want'

Voters in Australia, when they can be dragged away from The Voice, or The Block, or 'I'm vaguely related to someone famous, get me on TV', approach politics with the same polarised attitude. Any conversation questioning a government policy gets immediately mired in 'Ah, yo forget that it was YOUR lot that did A, so you cannot criticise MY lot for doing B', together with an accusation that, if you are criticising Labour, you are obviously a right Wing religious nut, while if you are criticising the Liberals, then you are a leftie communist child molester who needs to go and live in Cuba, if you like it so much.

Australians should stand back and look objectively at our political 'leaders', whatever their professed political stance. It shouldn't take any reasonable person too long to reach the conclusion that they're ALL chiselling weasels whose only interest is themselves and who are happily selling the Australian people down the river for personal gain.

Oh, and they'd also like Australia to become another US state, please.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon