Reply to post: Re: Who cares anymore??

New leaked 'Windows 8 screenshot': The Start Menu strikes back

Michael Habel

Re: Who cares anymore??

I really don't give two hoots about this new start menu. Within 10 minutes of installing Win 8.1 I found StartIsBack and since installing it I've had the original Win 7 functionality without any Metro crap.

And you propose to shell out additional $$$ for a fix... Start is Back isn't free ya know! To fix a problem that MicroSoft didn't "know" it had?! If anything Start is Back looks a zillion times better then MicroSoft's "Solution"... But I have a better One....

Install Cinnamon Mint 17... And, it won't even cost ya a single Cent....

Otherwise chill-out on Windows 7 til Valve perfect their SteamOS/Box then jump ship!

Windows... Negh the whole of MicroSoft are IMHO sitting on a razors edge right now. Vista sucked... Windows 7 was practically ignored! Windows 8 SUCKS! Windows 9 had best be something special.... I have every doubt in the World that it won't be.... And, woe betide 'em [MicroSoft] if its not... As it is though.... I'm thoroughly awaiting some kind of Chrom-ium style OS in a MicroSoft Badge.... And me thinks that will be the last straw for 'em...

Thankfully for Mr. Gates he should be long gone by then... Assuming that we don't see Windows 9 before mid-late 2017 that is. Those few who think hes ever coming back to set things "right" are IMHO delusional...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon