Reply to post: Add the 3d farce

BitTorrent not to blame for movie revenues, says economist

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Add the 3d farce

As a reason fewer people go to the cinema. It really doesn't add anything to the experience, besides making the tickets more expensive (because they have to earn back their "investment").

Also irritating is, at least for those people not blessed with living in a native-english-speaking-country, are subtitles. They get in the way and distract you from the movie, even if you are perfectly capable of understanding the spoken english. Why they don't use the same technique as they do for 3d to give you the option of wearing those glasses to not see the subtitles I don't know.

What is left to me is downloading. It's the only viable option. Why not buy a blu-ray you ask? Well, those are encrypted and only allowed, closed-source applications can play them. I refuse to install closed-source crap on my system so the only way to watch a blu-ray is to bypass that encryption, which is a crime (and a much more serious offense than downloading).

So, given that the MAFIA (Music And Film Industry of America) does not give me any proper, paid options, they are not receiving a single dime of my money.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon