Reply to post: Re: Ungrateful trolls

NEW Raspberry Pi B+, NOW with - count them - FOUR USB ports

Androgynous Cupboard Silver badge

Re: Ungrateful trolls

Considering James works either with or for the foundation you shouldn't really be too surprised by his position.

I'm a fairly neutral party but claiming the BBB is "better" is ridiculous. Yes, it has a better SoC and better GPIO, but the kernel is being maintained by one guy (Robert, a genuine hero) who isn't an employee of Beagleboard. For months (until I got fed up with it and abandoned the platform and my lovingly crafted custom cape) I could have USB hotplug or GPIO, not both. Maybe that's changed but I'll take a 700Mhz Arm 6 chip running a stable, well documented, well supported Debian "fudge" any day over an admittedly wonderful piece of hardware with an unreliable software environment, particularly when you're running a multitasking OS like Linux.

You seem to consistently undervalue the stability, documentation and support provided by the RPi and overvalue the horsepower of their competitors, which makes me wonder if you've actually developed anything of any complexity on either platform.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon