Reply to post:

Thought PCs were in the toilet? They're STILL eating Apple's lunch

DeathSquid
Happy

I have a macbook air that I've run linux on for the past 2.5 years. Prior to that I was a regular purchaser of thinkpads becuase of their ruggedness, but around 2008 their quality dropped into the toilet. Lenovo support for faulty hardware proved to be non-existent.

My macbook, on the other hand, has proved to be rock solid. Also Apple really stand behind their products (unlike Lenovo). If there is a problem, they will fix it quickly, cheerfully and at their expense if there is a shade of a chance that it is their fault.

Consequently, I have bought macbooks for my whole family. A nice side effect is that I now no longer spend any time doing technical support. When my father had a windows box, I would lose days every time I visited him getting the accursed thing working properly again.

I think the dip in Apple sales has more to do with their product release cycle than an underlying trend. A lot of people are waiting for the new broadwell based macbook air retina. In the meantime, their existing macs are working just fine thank you.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019