Reply to post: Re: She is a genius

Angela Merkel: Let US spies keep their internet. The EU will build its own

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: She is a genius

Lieber Richard,

last time I looked... 20 years ago now... the German electronics industry was already sold out to Japan! Today, Fujitsu-Siemens still supplies truck loads of kit branded Fujitsu or Siemens depending upon the sensitivities of the local markets they peddle into. ....And Hitachi Data Systems took over the German storage manufacture when I was a young lad.

The don't forget that all encryption e-proms used by US firms are manufactured by just one interesting US company, that has share holding in it from each of its 'customers' and the US Govt. The company is listed on Wall St. and very interestingly grows very fast without every turning any significant profit, not mainly organically but by buying up every new player on the block... more than ten a year when I was watching them a decade ago. try getting a software only encryption methodology accepted into a market place where you exclude the US... the doors will slam in your face faster than you can duck the next bullet. Try Eriksohns, even. Start talking to them with something interesting that they like.. the moment a senior manager lets on to their GE shareholders the drawbridge will go up. Grinaker Technologies in RSA... same story. Five Eyes? try the whole OECD.. just for starters.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon