back to article 'Most stupid criminal ever' blew cover on Facebook

A man who stole a laptop, then used it to post a gloating self-portrait of himself on the victim's Facebook page is challenging for the title of the world's thickest criminal. Last December, Rodney Knight Jr, 19, broke into the house of Washington Post journalist Marc Fisher and lifted "a bunch of stuff", including cash, a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Arctic fox
    Happy

Sometimes its the perp.......

......who needs protecting from himself!

2. Naughtyhorse

there must be a case

to execute this guy..... well put him out of his (and our) misery really.

what a tool

1. irish donkey
      Happy

The Darwin Award calls

or maybe just sterilization as a believe was popular in Merka in the past.

Just as well crims are getting stupider considering how many police officers we are losing. Not that they did much before the cuts but now they are going to have a better excuse

1. Dave 15

Alas

I believe its a race to the evolutionary bottom - are criminals getting stupid faster than the police? I'm not certain as crime clearup rates don't seem to be rising

2. Anonymous Coward
      Flame

Not necessarily

He most likely wanted to apply to uni. The uni which you have to apply for before being accepted as a member of a gang if you are deemed as uncool by your mates.

It is for some unknown reason called "Correctional Facility".

3. Avalanche
    Paris Hilton

Got another one

A few days ago a burglar got caught in Roosendaal (NL), as he had taken a hot chocolate milk from the coffeemachine and had left a drip-trail to his current position... According to the newssite he had stolen a bag of instant hot chocolate milk powder for use at home.

http://www.nu.nl/opmerkelijk/2453815/warme-choco-verraadt-inbreker.html

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Up

But I wore the juice!

Old, but gold.

http://mindhacks.com/2010/02/11/the-burglar-with-the-lemon-juice-disguise/

4. jake Silver badge

Maybe "social networking" has a use after all ...

That use being culling the idiots from the herd ... It's getting hard for people to auto-darwin these days, what with all the societal checks & filters ...

1. Stratman

title

This one tried pretty hard............

http://darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin1993-06.html

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

i dunno

the guys that robbed a place and used permenant black market to hide their faces were probably dumber.

6. John Tserkezis
    Unhappy

It gets worse:

Sometime in the future, this guy will very likely procreate.

Let's just hope his offspring are never in a position of authority, or government.

Things are bad enough as they are.

1. chr0m4t1c

You may be too late

In the UK someone on this particular life path may already have 1+ offspring (possibly even from 1+ partners). I'm trying to avoid generalizing and saying "most", because I have only anecdotal evidence of my local area.

I don't know the area this guy lives at all, but I wouldn't be surprised if turned out that he has already reproduced.

7. Chika
    Happy

How could they have known?

As a certain person on Mock the Week once said...

"They couldn't have seen my face, I was wearing a balaclava!"

8. jph

This IS Washington, D.C.

The city that re-elected a mayor that was caught red-handed with a crack pipe and a hooker. They'll probably applaud this kid's technological expertise and his ability to use the Internet and give him a full scholarship to Georgetown University.

9. disgruntled yank

and in the Washington suburbs

A fellow was recently run in because he left his cell phone charging when he fled a house he had been burglarizing. There had been power outages in stretches of the county, and I guess the fellow was multi-tasking.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

My parents' burglar ...

...emptied his pockets to squeeze through a narrow window but forgot to retrieve his belongings, which included the bail notice from his previous arrest, when he left.

He was swiftly arrested.

11. YumDogfood

Post anonymously?

Would have got away with it, if it weren't for 400 of those pesky kids.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not to worry, he's being tried in DC.

At most he'll do 30 days then he'll be free to upload to other people's FB pages again.

13. krby71
    Black Helicopters

Hmm, maybe the "dumbing down...

of society" may have a reason, to make more stupid criminals.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

This guy might not even be the dumbest criminal in DC!!

My favorite dumb criminals include the guy who broke into a closed convenience store, chained the rear bumper of his car to the automated teller machine and then tried to tow away the ATM only to find that its moorings to the floor were stronger than his bumper's mounting to his car. The perp then drove off leaving his rear bumper (complete with license plate) chained to the ATM. Come morning, the cops ran his plates....

Then there was the guy I remember (might have been from the Darwin awards) who decided to stick up the local gun shop. Said gun shop was occupied by about a dozen armed citizens at the time, including a few local police officers who were there to have their guns serviced by the gunsmith. (they had their black & whites parked out front even!) In this case, our antihero died from something like a dozen gunshot wounds he received from weapons belonging to 6-7 occupants of the shop :)

15. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

In other news...

A similar story featuring a woman who falsely claimed benefits and posted pics of her Caribbean holiday has also been widely reported.

http://www.stuckon.co.uk/benefit-cheat-rumbled-thanks-to-facebook-pictures-3874.html

Some people don't have the brain cells they're born with!

16. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

WOW.

What a nob end.

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Dumbest criminals in Ireland

This guy doesn't come close to the stupidity shown by a couple of dublin criminals who, while robbing a petrol station got a little hungry and grabbed fistfuls of sweets. They then proceeded to leave a trail of sweets for the cops to follow from the shop all the way to where they were dividing up the spoils.

Check out the Belfast telegraph for the full story: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/republic-of-ireland/irelands-dumbest-thieves-leave-trail-of-sweets-14995251.html

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like