back to article Phone seller pre-peddles white iPhone 4 for UNDER A GRAND!

A UK phone sales house has advertised white iPhone 4s, along with a cracking £919 price tag. As far as Apple's product range goes, the white iPhone 4 is somewhere between the Unicorn and the lost Ninth legion. We can't be sure if it's disappeared or never existed in the first place. expansys white iphone 4 However, if the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

£659.99 for the 16Gb fruit? That's quite a markup ...

... considering that the black, unlocked, 16Gb fruitPhone on the desk beside me cost £510 direct from Apple (plus a tenner to have my stuff transferred to a microSIM, but even so ...)

1. Tigra 07

RE: Simon

That or the white one has a working antenna for taking phone calls.

2. ElReg!comments!Pierre
      Coat

Not that big of a markup

If I am not mistaken, £510+30% is £663, so the 659.99 price tag is actually a bargain. And surely Apple should be barred from selling the thing direct at a lower price...

2. Raymond Wilson
    Grenade

The "Costner Effect"?

Expansys' product manager must be a Costner fan and watched "Field of Dreams" a dozen or more times. "Build it and they will come..."

Or.. "List it and they will buy"

What's the allure of a white iPhone 4G anyway? You'll end up covering the heaven sent ivory case with some form of exterior case or skin thus hiding the hen's tooth of the mobile communications world.

Could it be the fact that you can perform the ultimate party trick by peeling back the protective cover/skin and revealing that you have a white iPhone? Pity the fool....

1. Swarthy
      Stop

I see a pattern here

I tried to order an Archos 101 from them, three weeks later they were still "awaiting stock." I decided to cancel my order, and place it through Archos directly instead.

I won't call it a scam, as they don't charge until the item ships, but it's not too far off.

3. XMAN
    Badgers

800 squid for a phone

Can you imagine if you told people 5 years ago that in the future there'd be people paying this much for a cell phone?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Up

Can you imagine explaining it to them in more detail?

Okay, so you (Future You, FU) have gone back in time and are explaining it to your past self (PU), who's just recoiled at the thought of spending that much on a phone.

(FU) "But... but... it'll be world beating! It's got a screen that you touch rather than buttons! And 3G/HSDPA! And it can make like phone calls, but with VIDEO instead of just voice! It can even view PROPER internet pages rather than that cut down WAP-crap! And it plays videos and music and everything!"

(PU) "Oh, you got an HTC Hermes then? Christ, you were ripped off- they're only like £450 new!"

(FU) "Yes, but it's in 2011! So it's... well, faster. And white."

(PU)"Aren't these things supposed to get cheaper AND faster as time goes on?"

(FU)"Yeah, but no, but yeah..."

(PU)"Ha! Just like the current TV series! Let me just fire up my native Youtube client so I can find a clip..."

(FU)"GGAAAHHHI'VEWASTEDMYMONEY!"

1. Naughtyhorse
        Joke

And it can make like phone calls...

so not a judas phone then

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

£779.99 for a PHONE!!!!

I could emply a tribe of homeless kids to rely my messages chinese whispers style to whoever I want to speak to for that price, And I wouldn't have to give 30% of the bung from the Albanian mafia to Steve.

5. TheOtherHobbbes
    Pint

Ah, that'll be...

...some of Nokia's old stock.

6. GarethJones
    FAIL

Expansis have change the price

to "Not announced".

7. Atonnis
    Thumb Down

That's Expansys for you...

...always promising stuff based on speculation and overcharging for it. Right bunch of thieves...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Actually...

... I once tried to bought a iRiver MP3 player off them. They promised several times that "we sent it this morning" when they darn well knew they didn't. Oh, and did I mention they got rude when they realised that I knew they were lying and I politely asked for a refund? So your description is incomplete, and should say "bunch of rude thieving liars". Needless to say, I'm never using Expansys anymore.

I eventually managed to cancel my order and bought the same device on Amazon for a couple £ more, and it arrived within a couple of days.

8. DJV Silver badge
    Alert

Wow!

I'm off to buy a shed load of black ones and a tin of white paint!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

One word.

Pathetic.

10. ratfox
    Coat

Pot of white paint, £10

The one with the white stains, please

11. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

If it was the 80's......

.....and I was still at school I'd be out with a bottle of Tippex.

Not the thinners in the green bottle cause they were reserved for the sleeves of my blazer ;o))))

1. g e

You!

You used to be in my Physics class didn't you!

12. alun phillips
    FAIL

Stock?!?

The lack of stock has never stopped Expansys listing items in the past and wont in the future, also bear in mind that their prices tend to be well above market if the stock ever materialises.

13. taxman
    Troll

A prime example

of the Beckham/Ratner school of economics. Expensive c..p

Troll - 'cos lots of new born kids look that way!

14. g e

LMAO

And this is without a SIM, right? i.e. you got operator bills on top? No doubt plenty of halfwits will buy this.

Makes my 18-mo £34 quid a month HTC Desire HD contract look positively bargain basement. Even if I bought it a 32GB memory card.

That's £612 for the phone over 18 months. Oh and ALL calls (except 0845, etc), every text and all data, too. If someone can prove to El Reg they bought one of these off Expansys then they should get a special award.

(Special as in special needs, that is)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like