back to article First details on EC data protection action against UK revealed

Details of the European Commission's objections to the Data Protection Act (DPA) have been revealed for the first time. A document has been published outlining why the Commission thinks the DPA fails to implement the EU's Data Protection Directive. The information is contained in a Commission response to a four-year-old …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.

Try going to the EU commission to get the responses from the UK government. Now THAT'S and exercise in futility.

Makes me think of the blurb on the back of the 'Yes minister' DVD box set: 'a civil service with no gears, only brakes'...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Something to hide?

Perhaps given the reluctance to share, the EU is reconsidering their own rules slightly....perhaps they see a flaw in thier implementaiton...

Anyway that aside, the sooner we can get a ruling and Fines for BT after the Phorm phuck up the better...

1. JasonW
      Boffin

No, not fines...

Jail time for the board members responsible (if they were aware, they deserve it; if it happened on their watch and they weren't aware they were negligent and deserve it) - fining BT corporately simply gives them yet another excuse to jack up prices that the consumers pay.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Democracy in action

> "In 'liberating' these details, the Commission .. have delayed wherever possible, required me to endlessly chase them up, and provided bogus arguments in order to stop the release of these details," he wrote ..

Welcome to how democracy is practiced here in the first half of the twenthy first century. Delay, lie, delay some more and lie again ...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Deja Vu

Yes, Minister.

5. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Thumb Down

Oui, Mistrere?

Sometimes foreign civil servants are *remarkably* like their UK counterparts

Thumbs down for V. poor performance of civil servants.

6. Sam Therapy
    Thumb Up

Re: No, not fines...

Exactly what I've been saying all along.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like