back to article Jimmy Page donates Zep gig tickets to charity

Jimmy Page has donated a pair of tickets for Led Zeppelin's December 10 reunion gig at London's O2 arena to Brazilian street kids charity Task Brasil. Page is a long-term supporter of the charity, and helped establish Rio's Casa Jimmy - one of the organisation's projects which "improve the lives and support the needs of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ash

Losing your edge...

http://uk.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUKFLE56682820071115

Sorry, you missed the big one.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Also on Seatwave.com

There is also an auction for three pairs of tickets and the aftershow party at http://www.seatwave.com/led-zeppelin-tickets/season ... and so far they're cheaper ;)

3. Alan Gregson
    Happy

@Ash

That was a different auction, for children in need, bought by a TOG with more money than sense

4. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Tickets on eBay??

Whoahhh, hang on there just a sec -

- You mean to tell me, that after the extreme lengths that ticketmaster have gone to specificially to ensure that these much sought after tickets don't end up on eBay, they're selling them on eBay themselves??

How fucking hypocritical I must say, even if it is for charity.

(My mate and I got tickets, but we are now going to have to queue with 20,000 other people at the bloody O2 venue box office the day before the gig, where they will not only give us the tickets after first checking photo ID and the debit card I paid on, but will also clip the wristbands on us there and then - lose or damage either ticket or wristband before the gig the next day and you're screwed...)

5. Ron Eve

Re: Screwed already...

Nah. Nothing to do with practise. Everything to do with The Eagles new release...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Just keep the real

drugs away from them, and they will be good enough. Sudden death is hard on reunion acts, but I have known musicians to be entertaining well into their eighties, it's not as physically demanding when you don't fuck around so much on stage, and just play.

7. granite top
    Heart

Re Screwed already...

Proof that you can't win either way. Jimmy's just using his position to promote a cause he believe in. I can't prove it but I'm sure I've seen much lesser 'artists' charging similar prices for their gig's. I just wish I'd got the chance to give them my debit card number :( .

This topic is closed for new posts.