back to article Carphone Warehouse wins Moto Xoom exclusive

Carphone Warehouse has the UK exclusive on Motorola's Xoom tablet. And that's all the mobile phone retailer said - there was no word on price, or availability. Motorola Xoom Best Buy, the US superstore giant with whom CW has a joint venture over here in the UK, has priced up the 10.1in Android 3.0 Honeycomb tablet at $800, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Robert Hill
    Stop

Why BOTHER...

Why bother posting what the UK price would be at a given exchange rate?!?! You KNOW that it will be the same digits as the US price, merely with a "£" sign stuck where the dollar sign used to be, or maybe slightly less, say £700.

Because, you know, those big ships that pull into Southhampton full of goods from China have had to travel a LOT further than if they sailed to Los Angeles, so things must be more expensive...right? LOL...Rip Off England, we love you...not.

2. KidCosmique
    Go

sexy

1280 x 800 + DualCore cpu + Honeycomb = sex. I am tempted.http://www.reghardware.com/Design/graphics/icons/comment/go_32.png

3. Stuart Halliday
    Thumb Up

Not bad

The price will be ridiculous. But at least Carphone W. hopefully will not sell it with tonnes of junk on it.

Pity it's only going to be offered with Vodaphone. 3 offers a far cheaper data rate.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Vodafone?

I thought Vodafone only had the exclusive on the Samsung Tab 10.1, or do you know something we don't?

Seeing it's CW handling it it, should be available on most networks.

4. Peter H. Coffin

Congrats Moto....

You've made a tablet positioned to compete with an iPad that *costs more* than an iPad. Well done!

1. Mr_Happy

Are you sure

Are you comparing the same spec iPad to the Xoom, as I make them out as being the same price but the Xoom gives you the full internet

5. Mr_Happy
    Linux

Hurry Up

Get the wifi only version out, the last thing I need is another 3G data plan

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like