back to article Xbox Live gamers to get game, gratis

Microsoft plans to celebrate the fifth anniversary of Xbox Live by giving away free games and MS points to the service’s gamers. Xbox_live_MS_points2 Gamers can buy Xbox Live MS points from shops The company said that Xbox Live’s 8m worldwide members will be able to download a free Xbox Live Arcade game. The giveaway starts …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Matthew LaShure

Pizza and Mountain Dew

Ahh... the only thing left to truly veg us. The Pizza and Mountain Dew delivey button... One click and life is simple...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Halo

Oh Yes You can!

If you have a media centre you can order pizza through the web!

3. Sampler

Don't these machines have rudimentary online services?

Both dominoes and pizza hut take orders online, dominoes you can even text - or was the last statement meant to be ironic?

4. Nick
    Gates Halo

Whoopsie!

Well, I was about to buy some points to go and download the full version of Worms off the Arcade! Looks like I've just saved myself a fiver (or whatever it costs for XBLA games these days). Guess I can order Pizza with the money to celebrate! :)

Thanks Uncie Bill!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pizza Compliant Console

I guess that would be the wii then.

I'll have to buy one now :)

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yay!

This is great news for Xbox owners like me.

Now I really can't wait to get my Xbox back from being repaired for the second time in 5 months.

*sigh*

7. Steven Foster

Woo!

Nice little gesture there, although I'm more interested in what this latest update will contain.

*crosses fingers for DivX support*

8. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Oooh, how generous

A free game worth a fiver for those of you we've been ripping off for the past year making you pay for online games! LOL, suckers.

Sony rules :o)

9. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Pff Yanks

Since When was 1600 Ms points £10 in the uk?

£13.60 more like

get your facts straight

esp being this is a uk website

10. Adrian Jackson
    Thumb Down

*Any* free game?

My understanding was that the offer was a free copy of Carcassonne - which while it's an outstanding game is also one that I already own.

11. Iain

Yes, it's Carcassonne

which is a bit of a pity, since I've already bought that.

Still, at least there will be some fresh newbies to beat in multiplayer.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Lighting Blue Touch paper...

Have to say, although i have both a 360 & PS3, I did notice that you couldn't download games directly from the 360 store... Bit odd, as the PS3 can.. (WarHawk) and I was assuming that with all of the usage the 360 Store has been getting, that this would have been a feature from the off..

Think someone somewhere on El Reg mentioned that Microsoft are always chasing the inovative tail of Sony...not 100% true, butt rue in some respects, and this looks to be the case here.

13. Iain

Come again?

Where exactly did you notice that you couldn't download games directly from the 360 store? You've been able to since the 22nd of November 2005 - it _was_ a feature from the off; Geometry Wars was an instant classic.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like